Sunday 29 April 2012

Assignment Five – Submission & Feedback


Assignment Five has been completed; sent to my tutor; and feedback received.  The feedback is positive, with some useful suggestions for improvements, which I will take on board, more or less without exception.  This is the set of images that I submitted, with the text incorporated.

I did make one change after sending off the submission to my tutor.  It suddenly dawned on me that there was an alternative and perhaps better way of combining the image and the text.  I can’t work out why it hadn’t occurred to me before, but a landscape presentation, with the text beside the image rather than below it, seems to work better.  I’m sure it has to do with ‘reading’ the relationship side-to-side as more equal.  Below the image, it’s hard not to see the text as a caption, whereas the arrangement below is more ‘democratic’.  I send this to my tutor after the initial submission, and he agreed that it works better.  Actually, this also uses a different font.



This version of this particular image also includes a bit of work on the skin tones, as suggested in the feedback.  There is a bit more work to do on all the images in that respect, I think, before submission for assessment; and I will adjust them all to a ‘landscape format’.  All in all, though, the feedback is that I don’t need to do a huge amount more to get this assignment ready for submission.  I will post the final versions on here when they are done.
I’ve definitely got a lot out of this assignment, as I’ve said in previous posts.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Stan. I do agree that the pictures work better in landscape, though like you I find it hard to say exactly why that should be so.

    ReplyDelete